12.16.2010

fire in the home

Half dressed during the Winter in our house is not an unusual site. Warmth from our wood stove ,heats our whole house, and I love it. Being that I sell Wood stoves as a part time job at Lehman's, can tell you, I absolutely love fires in the home.Sitting in silence and watching the fire swirl around  gives me such a calming feeling. Knowing that if the electric went out and we would still have heat gives me peace.The kids love playing outside in the snow, and then coming in for a sip of hot chocolate (loaded with marshmallows and sprinkles) by the stove.




Warming our boots by the toasty wood stove.








Speaking of hot chocolate here are some great ideas for you children's hot chocolate. Add a Candy Cane so you children can stir and lick.
Use Colorful sprinkles or crushed peppermint for a yummy topping.
Whipped Cream with chocolate shavings, and a sprinkle of cinnamon makes me even want to dig in.
 Buy tiny marshmallows at your local bulk food store, and mound handfuls of marshmallows into your child's drink.

-
Baylie drinking her first hot chocolate!
 I would love to hear what your favorite topping for hot chocolate is, so please share.



Until next time,
Melissa







No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...